Anacortes is the “gateway” to kayaking in the San Juan Islands of Washington state. About 95% of our kayaking tour guests use the state-owned ferry to get to our rendezvous in Friday Harbor. The Washington State Ferry that sails from Anacortes, Washington is the only way to get a vehicle to the San Juan Islands, although many tourists find they don’t actually need one, especially if their only vacation activity is a kayak tour.
Please read our travel tips for using the ferry on our main page about Travel to San Juan Island because if you miss your crucial ferry sailing you could miss your kayak trip! Many people who miss their sailing can still get here on time by jumping on a quick air flight from Anacortes using the providers listed on this page.
- Washington State Ferries provide over a dozen sailings each day, for walk-on and drive-on passengers. Visit their website www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries or 206-464-6400 or 888-808-7977 for schedules, fares, ticket purchases, and ferry terminal parking information.
- San Juan Airlines provides daily scheduled flights, www.sanjuanairlines.com or 800-874-4434.
- Island Air provides charter service, www.sanjuan-islandair.com or 888-378-2376.
- Island Express Charters provides passenger and freight service from Anacortes as well as inter-island travel, www.islandexpresscharters.com or 877-473-9777.
- ABC Yacht Charters, www.abcyachtcharters.com or 800-426-2313.
- Paraclete Charter Service provides passenger service from Skyline Marina, www.paracletecharters.com or 800-808-2999.
Back to our main page on Travel to San Juan Island.